So you know... it's going to be one of those bullet point posts.
- I've been crazy busy with my business. I absolutely love my job, and I'm thankful for it, but it does get a little overwhelming sometimes. Since I am a sole proprietor, I kinda run everything. Not only am I gone up to 3 days a week on photo shoots, I also do all of the behind the scenes stuff. Editing, consultations, finances, marketing, website maintenance, running orders to the post office, bank trips... the list goes on. I swear, sometimes I wish I had an assistant. Hey, that's a good idea! :)
And for fun, here is some of my recent work. I've been super busy with seniors this summer, which is love!! They are the best.
- Bennett's speech therapy has begun!! I'm kind of excited about it. The family resources coordinator and two therapists came over today to sort of set up a plan of action. Bennett immediately warmed up to them, and I swear, they are "toddler whisperers" (as Kiara would say), because after just one hour, they got him talking more that I've seen, ever. It was pretty cool to watch them work with him. I'm hoping my Husband and I can really learn ways to work with Bennett's personality, and style of learning/processing.
- We've been having landscapers come over to give us estimates for some work we want done. Basically, we're planning to rip out the entire back yard and start over. Re-soil & lay brand new sod down. Right now there are just too many little bushes and shrubs... and while they are pretty - my husband and I despise yard work and don't really have the time for it. So a low maintenance yard is key.
- Easton has been a little joy, as usual. He's basically my dream baby. More on this later, it deserves a post all by itself... which I've been working on. I'm just a slacker.
- Blog conferences. I've been raising money by selling ad space on my blog. BTW thank you to ALL of my sponsors!! You guys are fabulous!! So yeah, back to the blog conferences. I've been SO up in the air about which one I want to attend. I was originally planning to go to BlogHer 2013, but after reading some of the reviews of this years conference, I'm starting to second guess. It all seems a little overwhelming and disorganized. So, I'm considering Blissom or Alt Summit. Only thing is that Alt is already "sold out", so I'd have to try to a buy a ticket from someone who can't go anymore And? It's in January, which is coming up quickly. And Blissom isn't until March, only problem there is that I hardly know anyone going, and I feel like I would be totally lost and alone. I'm nervous about finding roomates and wandering around Dallas by myself! Eeep. So, if anyone is going to any of these 3 conferences, or has gone in the past. Let me know your thoughts!!