Hi to all of you A Sorta Fairytale readers!! I'm Chloe and I blog over at Rainbows & Honeysuckle. I'm a twenty year old college student and I have the most beautiful little seven month old boy. I like to blog about him a lot (and post tons of pictures), and I also blog about school, things we do as a family, being a mom, and sometimes, when I'm feeling fancy, I'll post recipes and DIYs!
A lot has changed since I've become a mom, and I'm sure a lot of you can relate. Having a baby completely changes your life! Honestly, though, I think raising a baby has made me a much, much better person. Here's a few reasons why:
1. I wake up earlier. I've never been a morning person, absolutely refusing to get out of bed until after noon unless I absolutely had to. Obviously a baby is not going to sleep until noon everyday, and now that I wake up around 8 everyday, I get so much more done! Plus, there is nothing like a good afternoon nap with the little one. :)
2. I don't spend money carelessly. I've always been terrible at saving. Anytime I had money, it always found some way to fly right back out of my hands. But since having a baby, I'm much more careful with how I spend money and I really debate on whether we really need something before buying it.
3. I focus more. Especially in school. I want to be the best that I can be, I want to get the best grades in school, so that I can get the best job possible in order to provide for my little guy and our family. I focus more on keeping up the house and on getting things done.
4. I'm happier. There's meaning in everything that I do now. It all boils back down to how it will affect Travis and if it will better his life. It's not all about me anymore. I have a little person that looks up to me. I want everything that I do to reflect on me in a good way. I want to be a good role model. I want Travis to be able to mimic the things I do. Whether it's just as simple as eating my vegetables, brushing my teeth, or washing my hands. I want Travis to see these things, and when he's old enough, know that that's what he should be doing as well.
5. I love more. It's amazing how much we adore our little ones. It's definitely a love that no one can ever experience until they have their own child. Travis brightens my life every single day. I give more kisses, hugs, and cuddles than I ever thought possible. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Bloglovin'!