But every once in a while, I actually have a success story that comes from Pinterest. And this recipe is one of them!! I actually made this in the Summer but forgot to publish this post... it's just been sitting in my drafts for weeks now. Shame on me.
|(original recipe found here)|
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt – or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (one 16–ounce can) cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) corn, drained
- 1 cup of chopped chicken
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced small
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper – optional
I modified the recipe a little bit because I like to experiment with stuff sometimes. The original recipe called for black beans, and no chicken. I'm not the biggest fan of beans, plus I didn't have any on hand so I just left them out. But I wanted meat so I added chicken to it. It was delicious!
So see, every once in a while, my Pinterest finds aren't complete failures.