Okay let me be honest real quick. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal App on my phone, thinking I'd be all 'Ya Let's Enter In All The Calories and Be On Top Of Everything'..... NO. Nope. Just not my jam right now, it's too much. So needless to say, I ditched the app already.
But here is what I did do. I bought one of these bad boys. The Polar FT4. Here's a little about it (via Amazon):
- Provides continuous, accurate heart rate to keep your fitness training simple
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape. Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
- User replaceable battery and water resistant (30m)
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
Also? I didn't think I'd like wearing the chest strap during my workouts, but it's actually so comfortable I don't even realize it's there most of the time.
Right before I hit the "purchase" button on this, I had a pink on in my shopping cart but I changed my mind last minute and got the bronze one instead. I'm kinda wishing now I got the green one, I like bright colors. Anyone wanna trade? lol
I highly, highly recommend getting one of these if you're exercising. It's really motivating and informative.