|*Thank you to LUNA Bar for sponsoring today's discussion!|
I encourage you to check to see if there's a LUNAFEST in your area! I mean, what a great way to celebrate women, not to mention, support some great causes. LUNAFEST helps their hosts to raise money for non-profits in their own communities, as well as the main beneficiary, the Breast Cancer Fund. So basically, 100% of proceeds, go to charity. To date, over 100 filmmakers have been featured, and nearly 1.9 million dollars have been raised.
Some of the upcoming LUNAFESTS are being held in:
- Vancouver, BC
- Arbor Vitae, WI
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Washington, DC
- New Hope, PA
...and so many more locations! Click here to find out if LUNAFEST is coming to your area! Wouldn't that make a wonderful ladies night out? Get yourself dressed up and go support this fantastic film festival!
- $1,715,000 raised for local causes
- $757,000 raised for the Breast Cancer Fund
- 25,000 expected to attend LUNAFEST's 2014-2015 season
- 950 films submitted to to LUNAFEST each year!
- $2,500 awarded to each filmmaker selected to participate in LUNAFEST
- 1094 women's nonprofit organizations have benefited from LUNAFEST
- 85% of every dollar raised goes directly to the host's local charity of choice
- 15% of every dollar raised goes to the Breast Cancer Fund