But now we're home and luckily, it's cooled off a little bit. But man, our house still get's up to 80 degrees by dinnertime, it's miserable. And I'll tell you one thing, when it's warm in my house, I refuse to cook. Well, I should say that I don't like turning on the oven.
But a girl still needs her treats. Amiright?
So I'm telling you, this recipe is perfect for a Summer treat, because you don't need to turn on your oven and heat up your house even more. And, they are delicious, of course.
The recipe is super easy, which is always a plus!
- 6 cups of marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Mini Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- Grab yourself a 6 quart sauce pan, and combine butter & marshmallows together over medium heat. Stir frequently until the mix it's totally melted.
- Stir in cereal quickly, then remove from heat.
- Spray a 13x9" pan with non-stick cooking spray, and add the marshmallow/cereal mixture.
--At this point, if you want to keep the top even and flat, you can use a buttered spatula or wax paper to press on the mixture and it will even out. But for this recipe, I left it alone. That way the chocolate mixture will settle into the nooks and cranny's ;-)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together shortening and Nestle Toll House chocolate chips, then pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stop & stir, then put back in for another 30 seconds or until the chocolate is totally melted.
- Using a spoon or spatula, add the melted chocolate to the top of your crispy treats.
- Immediately afterward, add your sprinkles.
- Pop into the fridge to cool.
- Once they are completely cool, cut into squares. Or triangles... whatever floats your boat!
And that's it. So easy and SO yummy, right?? It's so great not to have to heat up your whole house with the oven. Also, I highly recommend these as your midnight snack ;-)
But hold on!! Don't leave yet! I have a fun little giveaway for you: $15 Paypal cash!
All you have to do is visit the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Pinterest board and Facebook Page, and complete these two simple steps:
1) Repin (on Pinterest) or repost (to Instagram) the Toll House No-Bake content of your choice, tagging Toll House (@NestleTollHouse) and including campaign hashtags (#NestleTollHouse #NoBake), as well as a #sweepstakes hashtag. PLEASE NOTE: you must include a #sweepstakes hashtag in your post for it to be considered a valid entry.
2) To confirm your entry, leave me a comment and tell me which no-bake recipe is your favorite! :)
*Giveaway ends 8/19 at midnight PST