In this age of electronics, as amazing as it is, we need to have a reliable way to back-up and preserve all of our photos & information! And I'm tellin' ya, I need something pretty fierce to be able to handle all of the thousands upon thousands of images I have. ;)
So that's where the WD My Cloud comes in.
What exactly is My Cloud Storage, you ask?
Well, it's a personal cloud storage that allows you to keep all of your content in one place, that you can access from anywhere. I'm talking about your computer (Mac or PC), your mobile phone, or tablet! And don't worry, your files and photos will be completely safe because your content is saved on your own personal home network.
Some features & info
- Intuitive and easy to use, designed to help you quickly access and organize your digital life.
- WD sync desktop app. This feature allows your to sync your content across all of your devices!
- Automatic backup for both PC and Mac users.
- Photo & video backup for smartphones and tablets. Grab the My Cloud mobile app and backup those pictures and memories to your cloud storage right as you take them!
- Shared folders, making it easy to give your family & friends access to selected files!
- 2 year limited warranty.
You will be provided with a Quick Installation Guide, which will walk you through everything. But the setup is super simple and won't take you more than 10-15 minutes!
- First, you'll need to power everything up! So plug in the WD My Cloud, and then connect it to your router.
- Visit their website and download the software. Easy peasy.
- Next, follow WD's easy setup wizard.
- Get the Mobile App! This will allow you to sync your phone to My Cloud, making it easy to save and access all of your photos and videos right away!
You can easily add users, share files, and connect more devices at any time! I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to have a secure place to store all of my important work files and personal memories!
The WD My Cloud is available in 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, and 6TB capacities. And ranges from $149-$319.
ALSO, I recommend checking out the My Cloud Mirror as well, which comes in 4TB, 6TB, and 8TB capacities. Ranges from $309-409.99.
We had a smaller external hard drive we were using previously, but it was almost full and I was starting to panic. So the 3TB WD My Cloud is exactly what I needed! Be sure to check out the website and learn more about how this device can help clean up your digital mess!
Where and/how do you store your digital content?