I present to you an easy, fast & fun recipe the kids will love: Wrapped meatballs with marinara dipping sauce.
I figured "Hey, maybe I can get them to try meatballs if I wrap them up and give them something to dip them in??" Bingo! I think I'm onto something.
Best part about this, is that it is seriously so easy to make, the kids can help! So here are your ingredients and recipe.
- 1 jar of Mezzetta® Marinara
(there are SO many flavorful options, but for this recipe, I chose Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil)
- 8 oz. refrigerated crescent dough
- 1 package of frozen cooked meatballs, thawed ( 16-24 meatballs)
- Thaw meatballs according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll your crescent dough on a flat surface. Separate each piece (there should be 8 pieces), and cut each one in half. If you want less breading, cut each piece into thirds.
- Place a meatball into each triangle and roll up.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 12-15 minutes, or as instructed on the package of the dough.
- Serve with a bowl of warm Mezzetta Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Marinara Sauce.
My Four Year Old LOVED this recipe, he gobbled up probably 6 or 7 of these bad boys. He told me he LOVED the sauce so much, which makes me happy to hear. Mezzetta® Marinara is fresh and uses the finest ingredients. It's real, all natural, with no sugar and no paste. They also have a yummy pizza sauce, which is next on my list of their sauces to try, because PIZZA. :)
He is such a cheeseball.
But before you go, I have something amazing for you! Mezzetta is currently giving away an 11 day trip to Italy. WHAT?!
Grand Prize includes:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for 2.
- 11 day guided tour of iconic Italy
- Hotel accommodations
- Hands-on cooking class, including a meal
- Tour of tomato farm in San Marzano
- And much much more!